Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Adoption: when you're overwhelmed

International adoption. I watched lots of friends go through it and knew it was bigger than me. It comes with a lots of paper work and details. Let's face facts folks, I am NOT a very organized person and I have the attention span of a gnat. I would never be able to pull it off.

And then God did one of those God-type acts. When I said "I could never...." he jumped at that opportunity to show me I was right. I probably couldn't do it alone, but through Him I could do anything. It helped that He hooked me up with a country who's process is not so daunting! LOL

And so we started that first adoption two years ago. When it came time for me to travel Dean said to me, "I can't believe you pulled this off. You got all that paperwork done and stuck with the whole process without loosing focus. I'm proud of you honey!"

What he didn't know was that every single day I would ask God, "Please help me get all the things done today I need to do. Help me prioritize my day."

Now when I'm just going about my day-to-day tasks, if I start to feel overwhelmed by what the day holds, God reminds me I completed two international adoptions, surely I can handle this small task before me.

If you've ever contemplated adoption but have been too intimidated by the process, throw that fear away. Fear gets you nowhere. Instead face it head on and remember:


Matthew 19:26
New International Version (NIV)
26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”



No comments: