Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Thursday, November 01, 2012

November 1st, 2011

One year ago today, the first day of National Adoption Awareness month, I sent the following email to the Adoption Unit at the Serbian Ministry of Labor and Social Policy:

We are ready to commit to the 7 year old boy! If you would be so kind as to submit our dossier to his social center for their approval, hopefully I will be in Belgrade very soon! As soon as you hear back from the social center I should be able to travel the end of November.
Sincerely,
~Leah S.~
Both Dean and I were giddy with excitement. I was nesting like crazy and preparing the house for me to be gone for three weeks. What would our new little boy look like? Would he attach to us? Is he affectionate or distant?  What size clothes does he wear? Will he be able to talk? Will he like playing with trucks like his brother Axel? Will he talk incessantly like his sister Angela? What color hair does he have? What color eyes? What will we call him?

No comments: