Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Friday, November 16, 2012

November 2011

November of 2011 was full of rushing, gathering and planning. Rushing to buy things for a little boy we didn't know. Gathering of documents. Planning for me to be gone for 3 weeks.

One year ago yesterday, November 15th, I booked my flights to leave on the 19th. I was still scrambling to get a couple documents we'd found out had expired just days before.

Stressed: That's mostly where I was at on this day last year. Stressed to the max and I had two days left to pack and organize the house. I really can't talk during the last couple days before I travel. My mind is full of 5,000 things to do and I'm constantly afraid of forgetting something.

Anxious to meet our new son we really knew nothing about. Not what he looked like, we guessed at clothing sizes based on measurements taken by someone else.

Nervous: There are lots of unknowns when traveling internationally. Volcanos happen. Earthquakes happen. Snowstorms happen. Plane crashes happen.


No comments: