Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Monday, November 26, 2012

Remembering one little girl

Do you remember this darling little face?

photo credit: Google Images


Little Caylee Anthony disappeared in July 2008, her body found in December 2008 in a trash bag in a wooded area not far from her home. Her mother, Casey Anthony was later tried in her death. She was found not guilty.
Today Channel 13 news in Florida reports the Orange County Sheriff's Department confirmed there were google searches on one of the Anthony computers for "foolproof suffocation",  and that the jury was never made aware of this evidence. According to the article, the prosecution team didn't think the information as relevant at the time. 

Ok, I am not an attorney. I am not an investigative reporter. I am just a mom, at home. I guess I have interrogated enough teenagers in my time as a mom to know that if I found information like that I'd be digging further! You bet I'd be getting to the bottom of why in the world someone would want to search a term like that and a very short time later a child goes missing, and is later found dead.

 Four years down the road and there are still unanswered questions about the disappearance and death of little Caylee Anthony. I wonder how many other questions have been raised by the book that was released in July? "Presumed Guilty - Casey Anthony the Inside Story" is written by the Anthony attorney, giving details about the investigation and trial. What about you? Were you satisfied with how the trial was handled?


No comments: