Blogging about life in Minnesota, raising our six kids with Down syndrome while battling Breast Cancer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says, "Oh shit! She's up!"

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving recap

This is one of the best Thanksgiving weekends I can remember in a really long time! Dean was home for four days, and I absolutely love when he's home so many days in a row with us! I know the kids enjoy it too!

Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving with Dean's side of the family. Lots of amazing food cooked up by my BIL Kelly. And pie...lots of pie! Every one missed Angela since she was at her dad's.

Friday Dean decided to tackle the last of the painting that was still left from last spring's remodeling project. We had two walls that we just couldn't decide what to do with so Dean made an executive decision. Of course, it looks lovely!

Saturday I drove the hour up to the other side of the cities to pick up Tyler and when I came home Dean had all the painting stuff cleaned up and had made the hor dourves my sister had requested. We all snuck in a quick nap then headed out to my sister's house for my family thanksgiving. We had a lovely time!

Today Dean and Tyler got the last of the Christmas lights up. Oh, and for the last two years there is a mirror I've wanted for the front entry. Since that is one of the walls Dean painted this weekend, we went to ikea and got the mirror. Now we just need to get it up on the wall.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Tomorrow the kids will be back to school, Dean back to work, and I will be picking up the house since it looks like a bomb went off in here! This will I'll be trying to get the Christmas stuff out, a couple kid doctor appointments taken care of, therapy for the boys, and..hmmm...I bet I will think of a few other things to fill the little bit of time left!

I hope all of you had a beautiful Thanksgiving as well. Our nice weather held out until Thanksgiving Day and now winter has arrived! We have snowing and blowing and...well it's just darned cold! Thankfully there are only three months of this junk and then it will be Spring!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hello,

I enjoy reading your blog, it is interesting and amazing to see the changes on your boys. It may look like you've lost a reader, but I read via google reader, so I read from there mostly.

Also, hi to Angela. How are her feet doing?
One of the 1st people I looked up to was a man with DS. He was head alter server at church, I wanted to be one too.